Evolution starts with change and change calls for decision.
As corporate philosophy, Sumitomo has a strong commitment to the environment and the quality of life of the people.
In line with its philosophy, as from 2012, Summit Agro decided to embrace a new concept of agriculture.
This is how BE GREEN started, as a new way of understanding our crop protection, with minimum environmental impact.
BE GREEN is not a dream but a reality.
The greatest increasing challenge is developing even more effective crop protection products which at the same time, protect users, consumers and the environment.
The Be Green Project encompasses all the internal and external activities within a sustainable context, implementing specific measures to reach its goals:
- Elimination of red band products from our portfolio, implementation of biodegradable packaging and usage of stationery with FSC certification (Forest Stewardship Council) exclusively, that is, paper from responsible sources only.
- Focus on the development of ecotoxicological molecules of low environmental impact and development of formulas with clean solvents, thus reducing the use of aromatic solvents.
- Promotion of the CASAFE Program “Depósito OK” in our distribution network. It is a voluntary certification program and continuous improvement of warehouses for phytosanitary products. Also, the CASAFE “Agrolimpio” Program includes responsible management of phytosanitary products packaging.
- Promotion of an integrated management of pests, weeds and diseases.
- We are the founding partners of the REM – AAPRESID Program (First Knowledge Network on Resistant Weeds). Coordinated by Aapresid, it comprises different technical phytosanitary technology